Problems & concerns 

Whilst you are staying with your guests or as part of your stay in the UK, you might find that you have issues or concerns that you need to address.

Below are some first points of contact depending on the issue or emergency.



In the UK, the emergency telephone number is 999 and must only be used in emergencies. 

Calling 112 from your mobile may route you through to UK emergency services.

The main UK emergency services are:

  • Ambulance
  • Fire & Rescue
  • Police

All of them can be contacted by dialling 999.

When you call 999 you will be asked for information such as the nature of the emergency and your location.

Protecting and caring for your children

The UK takes the welfare of all children very seriously. If you are worried about your child or another child, you can contact Kent County Council:

Other support services include:

  • National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) on 0808 800 5000 Monday to Friday between 8am – 10pm or 9am – 6pm at the weekends
  • Childline on 0800 1111.

You can contact the NSPCC outside of these hours by email at It’s free and you don’t have to say who you are. 

If you think that a child is at immediate risk of harm, please call the Police on 999 or 112.

Concerned about an adult?

To tell Kent County Council about an adult safeguarding concern, either:

How to protect yourself from abuse - a guide in Ukrainian.

Out of hours and in an emergency

If you need to contact Kent County Council outside of normal office hours, for example during the night, call 03000 41 91 91.

Domestic abuse

Domestic abuse is a serious crime in the UK. Anyone who is violent or abusive towards their partner, spouse or another family member, whether they are a man or a woman, married or living together, or separated, can be prosecuted.

Domestic abuse can include a wide range of behaviours and is not limited to physical violence; it can include emotional, psychological, controlling or coercive behaviour, sexual and/or economic abuse. Domestic abuse can continue and may escalate after a relationship ends so it is important to seek help at the earliest opportunity.

Domestic abuse can have a significant impact on children and young people. Families may need support from children’s social care to help ensure children are not at risk of harm, and to help them to stay safe and address any trauma they have experienced through abuse. 

For further information and help, you can contact:

Freephone 24-Hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247 or through their live chat, Monday to Friday 03:00pm  - 10:00pm.

Other support:

Issues with your host 

If the relationship with your host has broken down or they are unable to provide you with accommodation, please email

Our welcome pack (available in English or Ukrainian) brings together most of the information in this section of the website and can be downloaded for future reference.

Related content