Problems or concerns

Who to contact if you or your guests have any issues or concerns

IMG 9670

Protecting and caring for children

If you are worried about a child, you can contact Kent County Council:

Other support services include:

  • National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) on 0808 800 5000 Monday to Friday between 8am – 10pm or 9am – 6pm at the weekends
  • Childline on 0800 1111.

You can contact the NSPCC outside of these hours by email at It’s free and you don’t have to say who you are. 

If you think that a child is at immediate risk of harm, please call the Police on 999 or 112.

Concerned about an adult?

To tell Kent County Council about an adult safeguarding concern, either:


Domestic abuse

Domestic abuse can include a wide range of behaviours and is not limited to physical violence; it can include emotional, psychological, controlling or coercive behaviour, sexual and/or economic abuse. Domestic abuse can continue and may escalate after a relationship ends so it is important to seek help at the earliest opportunity.

Domestic abuse can have a significant impact on children and young people. Families may need support from children’s social care to help ensure children are not at risk of harm, and to help them to stay safe and address any trauma they have experienced through abuse. 

For further information and help, you can contact:

Freephone 24-Hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247 or through their live chat Monday to Friday 3 - 10pm

Other support:

Issues with your guest

If the relationship with your guest has broken down or you are unable to provide them with accommodation, please email